Hello everyone! Today I’m reviewing Girl Online: On Tour, the sequel to Girl Online, by Zoe Sugg also know as Zoella by youtube. Warning spoilers ahead!!
Rating: F: Wasn’t a good read and a was a waste of time. Characters were dulled and annoying and so was the plot line.
“We all have one life and we can choose how we want to live it. It’s important you realize that, no matter what anyone else says or how people may try to influence things, it’s ultimately down to you… only YOU can live for you. You can’t live in someone else’s shadow or permanently try to please someone else, then what do you have to show for it? You won’t have any of your own accomplishments, you won’t reach your personal goals, and you’ll only be ticking someone else’s boxes for them. If there is something in life that you really want to do, then do it. You’ll only ever live this day once in your lifetime, so start now.”
If you’ve been here since the beginning of this blog then you would know that the first review I did was Girl Online* and I said that I would review the sequel when it came out. This book came out in October *like the other youtuber book, and it’s now the end of May and I’ve just read it.
I need to say something about Zoe first. I don’t disrespect her or her career. I may hate this book but I don’t hate her.
So I wasn’t that big of a fan of the first book but I had a little hope for this book because it wasn’t going to be ghost written. It sounded like the cliche sequels that always come when they decide to make and it was. It really really really really was.
This book wasn’t need at all and the only reason they did it was because of who the author is and how much copies the first book sold. So it’s either one of those types of sequels or she decide to write this book because she decide that it was a good idea.
It wasn’t anything I hadn’t read before. The main characters life after the first book is perfect. They have the guy of their dreams, great friends, no enemies, and everything is looking up. Then they get this one and a life time chances and at first it’s great but then every goes down hill, they met different people, and the couple breaks up. The character goes on in life and makes some big realize that gets them through whatever they’re going through. Everything in the end works and the couple gets back together and it’s happily ever. *sound familiar???
I spent the whole book with a my ‘what i’m reading’ and wondering who all the characters are.
In this book Penny’s life is going great with her sort of famous boyfriend, Noah, and the two are going on tour. Also that panic attack stuff is still having fun taking the backseat in this story. Penny’s blog is no longer online but she’s still writing it and I don’t know who she’s writing it too? Is there like some weekly email she sends out?? I don’t know.
“Girl Offline …. never going online xxx”
Penny and Megan who I’m guessing was the mean girl from the first book are sort of friends and Megan is now that friend that’s just like I’ll date everyone. This wasn’t need. Also that Ollie kid that she was in love in the first book move or something and she was just like ‘i’m so glad my nemeses’ and I’m just like ‘ you’re high school’.
Penny through the story is threatened by someone who I don’t think you ever met or find out who it is. It’s weird and like it isn’t closed out the end of the story.
Her best friend Elliot has a boyfriend named Alex and honestly this story could have been better done. I liked Elliot in the first book and his was still favorite character in this book but him and his boyfriends both are very stereotypical and whenever the two are in the same room everyone calls them Alexiot. *face palm Seriously? Penny also causes trouble in their relationship when she takes a picture of the two kissing. She losses her phone and that emailer is like break up with Noah or this picture is sent out.
I think that the emailer person was added for Elliot and Penny to start fighting again. But we’ll never know.
The character in this book I couldn’t remember or I just end up liking less. Like I didn’t hate Noah in the first book but in this book I hated him. He was so sweet but in this book he like didn’t care about anything. Elliot was stereotyped even more in this book and Penny was a completely different person than she was in the first book. Even though her panic attacks weren’t that big in the first book, Penny acted as if she had never had one before which takes the only human part out of the story. She was talking about how for the first time she felt out of place and that was something that she felt for the first part of the book.
We are also introduce to new characters like Blake this guy who’s on tour with Noah and he sucks. He’s one of the reason that Noah and Penny broke up and man is he cliche. He’s that bad boy character that we so happily ditched in the first book. Every time he said something I wanted to punch him.
Now this book has an F rating and the first book as a C rating because the first book I liked the first time I read and may me wanted to read this one but this book lacked any of the quality of the first book. If you think about all the young adult books out there in the world, you realize that ll the characters have this one thing that isn’t like boyfriends or stuff like that. It’s the characters in young adult books always face a giant obstacle and this book doesn’t have one. Maybe if Penny’s panic attacks had a bigger focus in this to books then maybe the story would have been more relatable and realistic but it’s not.
This story is filled with stereotypes and nothing that makes me feel for the characters.
Again I’m not saying bad about Zoe and I’m sorry if you like her books but personally I don’t like them. I hope you enjoy this review. I’m going to leave my notes at the end here for you all to read. I’m also trying to post a least once a week, I don’t know what day but let’s just see how this works out. Like, Comment, and follow for more rants like these! Also make sure to follow my social media links.
you know you love fiction,
Personal Tumblr: thegracelings
– alexiot really?
– stereotyping again
– talking about a classic won’t make this book one
– more crappy jokes
– nemeses you’re in high school! You can’t have nemeses! And weren’t you in love with one them????
– more stereotyping
– I’m glad these characters aren’t real
– what no montage with cheesy 80s music or will that just be in the movie
– whose this chick again?
– does zoella even know what sass is????
– ITS JUST A DRESS
– you just talked how she was nemeses now you just like sure I’ll get you tickets even though you bullied me
– he just got back and your going to a concert? No hey I love you and miss you how have you been??
– you probably got an f on chemistry because you’re lacking it with every character in this book
– there’s a difference from cute awkward and awkward awkward
– what? Why is Larry now Whitney?
– if he didn’t like then he wouldn’t be dating you
– she isn’t even now that blog anymore
– if your having fun then it’s going to be short
– your nicest makes me sick
– who’s the sketch?
– I knew that Noah wasn’t that famous
– For the first you feel out of place?
– shut up Blake
– shut up penny you know nothing about this
– music makes me cry too
– you creep
– yes I stole your phone because there need to be something interesting in this story
– go away Megan
– larry is really nice you don’t even know him
– more more stereotyping
– no f** crappy drama
– I don’t believe you
– like you know what halo is
– i need to stop rolling my eyes they hurt
– that was lie
– shut up Blake
– she got hit by speaker and only cares about her camera and she could have moved
– who emails that fast
– who’s this chick
– because you’ve been panicking?
– I still don’t get who’s she writing to on theses blog post
– where you expecting rock stars not to party
– why did that need to be in caps
– shut up Blake
– Megan is now that friend
– leave landslide alone
– ITS FAMILY FRIENDS THEN DATING
– stop trying to funny
– not funny
– yes that is what you are
– crap I sort of feel bad for her
– again so does everyone
– I don’t know anyone
– you love it when she spills drinks on you
– you crappy friend
– you don’t need makeup to feel good
– shut up Blake
– no badly written cliche drama please!!!!!!
– cliche sequel drama
– its hard to make fun of it now
– no I’m a queen
– good songs
– you’ll be fine
– who this guy?
– stop it
– this is so unrealistic and this is in the real world
– the eye rolling is uncontrollable
– please no sequel!!!!